What is HIFU Technology
In recent years, HIFU (High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound) technology has gained popularity as a non-invasive treatment for various medical conditions.
HIFU uses focused ultrasound energy to target specific areas of the body, promoting tissue healing and regeneration.
With its precise and targeted approach, HIFU has become a sought-after treatment option for cosmetic procedures, including skin tightening and facial rejuvenation.
Understanding the Basics of HIFU Treatment
During a HIFU treatment, high-intensity ultrasound waves are focused on the targeted area of the body.
These ultrasound waves generate heat, which causes thermal injury in the tissue, stimulating the body’s natural healing response. The controlled thermal injury triggers collagen production, resulting in skin tightening and tissue regeneration.
HIFU treatments can be performed on different areas of the body, including the face, neck, and body, depending on the desired results.
Benefits of HIFU Treatment
- Non-surgical face lifting and skin tightening
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Removes double chin and excess facial fat
- Improves overall skin tone and texture
- Minimal downtime and no pain
- Safe and effective procedure done by doctors
Ideal Time to Start HIFU Treatment
- Skin condition: HIFU is most effective for individuals with mild to moderate skin laxity. It can help tighten sagging skin on the face, neck, and décolletage.
- Age: As mentioned earlier, HIFU is generally recommended for those in their 30s or older. However, age alone shouldn’t be the sole determining factor, as individuals in their 20s can still benefit from HIFU treatment.
Pre and Post Treatment Care
Preparation Steps Before HIFU Treatment
- Consultation: Schedule a consultation with a qualified aesthetic doctor experienced in HIFU to discuss your goals and expectations.
- Medical History: Provide a detailed medical history, including any previous surgeries, medical conditions, or medications you are currently taking.
- Skin Preparation: Follow your aesthetic doctor’s instructions regarding skincare routines and avoiding certain products or treatments that may affect the HIFU procedure’s efficacy.
- Hydration: Maintain proper hydration by drinking plenty of water in the days leading up to your treatment.
Aftercare Tips for Optimal HIFU Results
- Follow Instructions: Carefully follow your aesthetic doctor’s post-treatment instructions, including any skincare routines or medications prescribed.
- Sun Protection: Protect your skin from excessive sun exposure by wearing sunscreen with a high SPF and using protective clothing.
- Gentle Cleansing: Cleanse your treated area gently using mild, non-abrasive cleansers to avoid irritation.
- Moisturise: Keep your skin hydrated by applying a moisturiser recommended by your healthcare professional.
- Avoid Harsh Treatments: Refrain from undergoing any aggressive skincare treatments, such as chemical peels or laser procedures, until your healthcare professional advises it.
At Become Aesthetics Clinic, our patient’s comfort and wellness are our top priority, drop by our clinic for a consultation. We’re happy to serve you!
Medically reviewed by: Dr Chin Kok Ping